We live in a world where Unified Communications (UC) is being adopted by many businesses of all sizes and becoming an intricate part of how companies communicate. From small to large companies trying to keep a competitive edge in a highly globalized economic workplace, it’s paramount to have an effective communication system.
Long gone are the days of traditional telephone systems as they have taken a backseat to Unified Communications that utilize a variety of Voice Over Internet Protocols (VoIP) to create integrated sets of text, voice, web, and video collaborations used to expand the company’s communications and make it a more reliable system.
To learn more about white label communications, unified communications as a service, and the benefits of a UCaaS platform, continue reading.
What is a UCaaS Platform?
UCaaS is the acronym for unified communications as a service and is a cloud-based system that uses software allowing users to manage and access their data and applications from anywhere in the world at any time. However, within the spectrum of unified communications, there are many competing factors that establish dominance over others in the same area of expertise.
Since many IT communication executives are mandated to provide a Return on Investment (ROI) to justify the spending on this technology, having the best business UCaaS providers at your disposal is essential for effective unified communications.
The most important component of any unified communication platform is that it needs to be utilitarian and affordable; therefore, other goals can be set such as lower support costs, improved workplace productivity, and higher sales.
Below are some other questions and short answers about UCaaS:
- 1. Is Zoom a UCaaS? Yes, Zoom is part of UCaaS and has been ranked in the top 20 service providers.
- 2. What is the Difference between UCaaS and VoIP? The biggest difference is VoIP works on the premises of being a voice service provider whereas UCaaS is a unified communication system that handles all aspects of communications such as video and web conferencing.
- 3. What’s the Difference Between CPaaS and UCaaS? CPaaS is based on the platform as a service and UCaaS is geared towards the software communications as a service.
- 4. What’s the Difference Between UCaaS and CCaaS? UCaaS uses the company’s employees to communicate with each other and CCaaS uses sales representatives and customer service to communicate with the customers.
- 5. What is Unified Communication? Unified communications are a way to integrate all communication applications into one software package that handles all calls, texts, web meetings, and video conferences.
What Are the Benefits of Using a UCaaS Platform?
There are many benefits of using a cloud-based computation communication system that seamlessly connects all networks either through the internet or landline connection. They save the company the cost of content storage, computation, and application hosting due to the nature of the features of the cloud software.
Since SaaS is provided to several clients at the same time from a single base code and source, the overall cost to each client can be greatly reduced. Cloud-based computing stores your information for you; therefore, eliminating the need for extra on-site storage.
What Are the Different Types of UCaaS Platforms?
There are two different types of UCaaS platforms. The first one is known as an on-premises unified communication platform. It is a system of software and hardware that coexists within your office systems in your workplace. It involves the physical installation of equipment, repairs, and maintenance that works with your existing network.
The second type of UCaaS platform is a cloud-based system. These types of systems are known as Software as a Service (SaaS) and do not additional space in your office. They don’t require any physical installations and can be maintained by the server. Since it is a cloud-based system, gaining access via an internet connection is possible from any computer.
How to Choose the Right UCaaS Platform?
The most important aspect of choosing the right UCaaS platform is to make it comes with all of the communication features you need to run your business such as inbound and outbound calls, emails, text messages, and voicemails, into one single inbox for easy access from any device.
Many cloud-based unified communication platforms provide VoIP telephony services, call center services, conferencing services, real-time presence tracking, and many other features that all work together to make one universal communication system. You can also integrate with other third-party servers like Salesforce, MS Teams, Outlook, etc.
What Else Can UCaaS Offer Your Business?
There are many things that UCaaS should offer your business such as a high-end customer service department and tech support without long wait times and fast solutions to problems that occur within the office environment.
Below are three examples of what UCaaS can offer your business:
- 1. Responsiveness: Every customer today expects responsiveness when they have a problem or question; therefore, keeping your business connected without interruptions is one of the best ways to keep your customers from going to your competitors. The more responsive your company is to the concerns of your customer’s needs, the bigger recipe for success.
- 2. Security: Having peace of mind about your company’s security today is essential in a world of online hackers and cybersecurity threats and attacks. UCaaS systems also safeguard against natural disasters by keeping your information and data safely stored in the cloud. Business UCaaS providers are the best way to keep all of your communications and information protected.
- 3. Integration: Integration is an important component of operating a business with seamless text-to-voice, voice-to-text, click-to-conference, and click-to-call features, even fax message should all be able to be integrated into your UCaaS system. The ultimate goal is to have a universal system that works from any device on any network and keeps you in constant contact with your customers and employees.
The Conclusion to the UCaaS Platforms
Since a UCaaS platform offers your business the best applications and security features, it comes with many benefits such as scalability, security, and flexibility. Moreover, always choose a business UCaaS provider that meets the demands and requirements of your business.
UCaaS Review provides a number of unified communication providers that constantly work to stay up to date with changing technologies and software upgrades as well implementing the best practices in the cloud-based software while keeping both you and your customer happy.